• CARSON-NEWMAN CHRISTMAS Basketball Camp, for boys and girls grades 3-12, will be held Dec. 20-21, from 9-11:30 a.m., on the campus in Jefferson City. Cost of the camp, which will be run by Eagles assistant coach, Shane Williams, is $500. To register or for more information, contact Williams at (423) 943-3037 or email@example.com.
• WINTER SHOWCASE INVITATIONAL, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Dec. 15 at Science Hill. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHOOTING STARS CHRISTMAS CLASSIC, for boys and girls grades 3-8, will be held Dec. 22 at Science Hill. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• LONESOME PINE COUNTRY CLUB will be offering golf lessons for children ages 8-12 in the coming year. Chris Stacy and David Harvey will hold a five-series get-golf-ready lesson package for $75; if booked before Jan. 1, 2019, the cost of the lesson package is $50. The package is available to young golfers of all abilities but focused toward novice and beginning juniors. Call (276) 523-0739 for more information.
• LIGHT UP THE NIGHT NEW YEAR’S HIKE will take place on Jan. 1, 2019, starting at 12:01 a.m., at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Using old-time kerosene lanterns, participants will take a journey of discovery on this moderate 2-mile hike, which is for both adults and children and will be capped by hot cocoa. Children should bring a small flashlight because only adults may carry a kerosene lantern. Wear sturdy hiking boots and come dressed for the weather. Meet at the swimming pool parking lot.
• CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-SURGOINSVILLE RECREATION is registering for indoor soccer for ages 5-6 and ages 7-8 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, throughout December in the recreation office at Church Hill City Hall. Online registration also is available at churchhilltn.gov. The fee is $20 per player. Your child must have turned 5 before Sept. 30, 2018, and must not have turned 9 before Sept. 30, 2018, in order to be eligible to play. Provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate. Call (423) 357-7010 for more information.
• CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-SURGOINSVILLE RECREATION is registering for volleyball from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, throughout December in the recreation office at Church Hill City Hall. Online registration also is available at churchhilltn.gov. Divisions offered are for grades 3-5 and grades 6-8, and the fee is $20 per player. Provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate. Call (423) 357-7010 for more information.
• EASTMAN OPEN VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT will be held Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019, and Sunday, Jan. 27, 2019, at Kingsport-area middle and high school gyms. Preregistration is required, and the cost is $10 per player. The deadline to enter is Monday, Jan. 21. Women’s divisions will play on Saturday and coed divisions will play on Sunday; divisions require six-person teams with coed three men and three women. Contact Joe Douthat at (423) 224-7544 or Jack Henry at (423) 384-1765 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.